Children are our little treasures – we keep them and care with the greatest love and joy. Each scratch or bruise can make any mother to panic. But often the teeth of the child paying attention only when it complains that it hurts. As we discussed in an article last week, frequent visits to the dentist from a very young age can show early emerging issues such as early childhood caries of example. Caries temporary children’s teeth usually begins around age 3, especially on chewing surfaces of the molars, then approximal (between teeth) and finally in dental journals. In the case of caries early childhood caries found in children between the ages of one and three years and at unusual places – necks and objectives vestibular surfaces (from the cheeks and lips) of the upper incisors, which are the most extensively affected, then frequency prejudice upper molars, lower molars and lower incisors usually remain healthy and intact. Caries early childhood often leads to total destruction of the crowns of the teeth, even their alignment at the level of the crown, especially the upper incisors and canines. Furthermore teeth appear black because carious tissue turns black.
This type of caries etiology is similar to that of the ordinary, but the crucial difference comes from risk factors that are a prerequisite for its appearance:
1. The feeding of the infant – consumption of sweetened milk, fruit drinks rich in sugar, especially if taken frequently and prolonged bottle-feeding. It emphasized the harmful effect if you leave your child falls asleep while being consumed. Risk is prolonged nighttime breastfeeding and nutrition, which more often followed by falling asleep during feeding. Therefore other names of this type of caries are “nipple caries”, “nursing caries”.
2. Insufficient or lack of oral hygiene – in this age of the child oral hygiene care, which is entirely on the shoulders of parents.
3. bacterium Streptococcus mutans, which has primary responsibility for the development of caries is poselva mouth after the breach of the first tooth. In early childhood caries its amount is much greater. His source are relatives of the child – especially the mother, especially if it has a large amount of untreated caries and bacteria transmitted through licking pacifiers and spoons.
Early childhood caries affects the teeth in the order in which they are drilled, except for the lower incisors. They are protected by the position of the tongue while eating, because it covers them and isolated from food and it is constantly bathed by saliva. For example the upper incisors are directly exposed to the sugars from the food, furthermore, frequently are not covered by the upper lip and dry, thus being deprived of the protective function of saliva.
Treatment of early childhood caries to be carried out by dentists and is extremely important, because these situations are threatened by decay and permanent teeth of the child, there is a risk and distortion of the bite. Preferably besides treatment of the child be conducted and the renovation of his parents in order to avoid further transmission of microorganisms.
Prevention of early childhood caries is as follows:
– proper conduct of infant feeding, avoid milk and sweetened drinks;
– conducting oral hygiene and fluoride;
– treat every newcomer decay time as a child and the parents.
Tips for cleaning your teeth and mouth of the child and prevention of caries can be obtained from the dental surgeon.